The 9 Best Trail Water Filter
Nowadays, there are so many products of trail water filter in the market and you are wondering to choose a best one. You have searched for trail water filter in many merchants, compared about products prices & reviews before deciding to buy them.
You are in RIGHT PLACE.
Here are some of best sellings trail water filter which we would like to recommend with high customer review ratings to guide you on quality & popularity of each items.
Sawyer Products SP128 MINI Water Filtration System, Single, Blue
- Ideal for outdoor recreation, hiking, camping, scouting, domestic and international travel and emergency preparedness
- High performance filter fits in the palm of your hand
- weighs just 2 ounces
- 0.1 Micron absolute hollow fiber membrane inline filter
- Attaches to included drinking pouch, standard disposable water bottles, hydration packs, or use the straw to drink directly from your water source
- Removes 99.99999% of all bacteria, such as salmonella, cholera, and E.coli
- removes 99.9999% of all protozoa, such as giardia and cryptosporidium
- Filter rated up to 100,000 gallons
- includes 16-ounce reusable squeeze pouch, 7-inch drinking straw, and cleaning plunger
MSR TrailShot Pocket-Sized Water Filter for Hiking, Camping, Travel, and Emergency Preparedness
- Pocket-sized lightweight water filter cleans water on-the-go for hiking, camping, traveling, and emergency preparedness
- Drink directly from the source or fill a water bottle or hydration pack
- easy one-handed operation filters one liter in 60 seconds
- Ultralight (5 ounces) and compact (6×2.4 inches), it fits in a stash pocket for trail runners, hikers, and mountain bikers
- Hollow fiber technology allows water to pass through but traps harmful protozoa, like giardia and cryptosporidium, and bacteria, like salmonella
- Effective against bacteria (99.9999%), protozoa (99.9%) and particulate
- filters up to 2,000 liters without iodine, chlorine or other chemicals
The MSR TrailShot Pocket-Sized Water Filter for Hiking, Camping, Travel, and Emergency Preparedness is designed specifically for adventurers who want an effective, reliable water filter without the weight. Ultralight at just five ounces, and measuring 6×2.4 inches, it fits easily in a stash pocket when backpacking, hiking, trail running, and mountain biking. And when it’s not on the trail, it’s on hand to provide clean water during disasters and emergencies, and in survival situations. Drink directly from lakes, rivers, and streams, without lying in the dirt, with the help of the tube attachment, or fill a water bottle, hydration pack, or other vessel. The easy, one-handed pumping mechanism filters one liter in just 60 seconds. Hollow fiber technology meets U.S. EPA drinking water standards, allowing water to pass through, but trapping harmful protozoa, like giardia and cryptosporidium, as well as bacteria, like salmonella. The MSR TrailShot Pocket-Sized Water Filter is effective against bacteria (99.9999%), protozoa (99.9%) and particulate, and filters up to 2,000 liters without iodine, chlorine, and other chemicals. Easy to clean in the field with just a few shakes to restore the flow rate, no tools required. Made in the USA.
LifeStraw Go Water Filter Bottle
- Reusable LifeStraw Go BPA-free water bottle filters water while drinking
- great for travel, backpacking, camping, and emergency kits
- Award-winning LifeStraw hollow fiber membrane water filter removes bacteria and protozoa from lakes, streams to ensure safe, clean drinking water
- 2-stage activated carbon filter reduces odor, chlorine and leaves zero aftertaste
- Removes 99.9999% of waterborne bacteria, and 99.9% of waterborne protozoan parasites without chemicals, iodine or batteries
- Durable, 23-ounce, leak-proof bottle made of BPA-free Tritan and features a food-grade silicone mouthpiece
- replacement filters available separately
Katadyn Hiker Microfilter Water Filter
- Easy-to-use design is great for the beginning camper to the serious backpacker
- The 0.2 micron glassfiber filter media is designed for high output with little effort
- Activated carbon in the core of the filter improves the taste and reduces chemicals in your drinking water
- Provides safe drinking water in any challenging conditions
- Lowest maintenance water filter available
- no need for constant backflushing
Stay healthy and comfortably hydrated as you hike through large patches of wilderness thanks to the pump-action Katadyn Hiker Water Microfilter. Long backpacking trips require lots of water, and carrying this Backpacker Magazine-approved, eleven-ounce microfilter works much better than carrying ten gallons of water on your back. Easy to use and clean in the field, this reliable microfilter transforms random water sources into thirst-quenching satisfaction throughout your long trek or backpacking trip.
Platypus GravityWorks 4.0 Liter High-Capacity Water Filter System for Group Camping and Emergency Preparedness
- High-capacity, gravity-fed, hollow-fiber water filter system is ideal for group and family camping, outdoor adventures, and emergency preparedness
- Meets all EPA/NSF guidelines for removal of 99.9999% of bacteria and 99.9% of protozoa, including giardia, cryptosporidium, E. coli, salmonella, cholera
- No pumping required
- reservoir fills easily and hangs from a tree to deliver four liters of filtered water for cooking and washing in 2.5 minutes
- Includes 4-liter dirty water reservoir, 4-liter clean water reservoir, hollow-fiber microfilter, hoses, shutoff clamp, and storage sack
- Replaceable cartridge filters up to 1,500 gallons
- produces flow rate of 1.75 liters/minute
- kit weights 11.5 ounces
- made in the USA
The Platypus GravityWorks 4.0 Liter High-Capacity Water Filtration System is ideal for basecamps, group and family camping, outdoor activities, and emergency preparedness. It does not require pumps, batteries, moving parts, or chemicals, ensuring access to clean water from contaminated sources, in situations ranging from adventure to survival. The replaceable hollow-fiber microfilter cartridge filters up to 1,500 gallons of water, and meets all EPA and NSF guidelines for removal of 99.9999% of bacteria and 99.9% of protozoa, including Giardia, Cryptosporidium, E. coli, Salmonella, and Cholera. The water filtration system is easy to use almost anywhere. Simply scoop water from a lake, river, stream, or other contaminated water source into the 4.0-liter dirty water reservoir, and suspend above the 4.0-liter clean water reservoir. Water flows through the walls of the bundled fibers at rate of 1.75 liters/minute, leaving impurities behind, and filling the 4.0-liter clean water reservoir in just 2.5 minutes. It’s also easy to maintain in the field, backflushing in just four seconds to clean and restore performance. The Platypus GravityWorks 4.0 Liter High-Capacity Water Filtration System includes a 4-liter dirty water reservoir, 4-liter clean water reservoir, hollow-fiber microfilter, hoses, shutoff clamp, and storage sack. The complete kit is compact, packing down to the size of a one-liter water bottle, and weighs just 11.5 ounces. Made in the USA.
Sawyer Products SP129 PointOne Water Filtration System with 32-Ounce Squeezable Pouch
- Lightweight, easily portable 0.1 absolute micron hollow fiber membrane inline water filter
- Highest level of filtration on market — removes greater than 99.99999% of all bacteria and 99.9999% of all protozoa
- Built-in and removable push/pull cap
- spray water straight into mouth or bottle from included pouch
- attach to standard threaded water bottles
- Comes with one 32-ounce, BPA-free collapsible pouch that rolls up tightly for easy packing
- can be resued hundreds of times
- Backed by manufacturer’s lifetime limited warranty (Independent Testing Laboratory Hydreion, LLC.
- Microbiological Report S05-03)
Sawyer Products Dual Threaded MINI Water Filtration System
- High-performance filter fits in the palm of your hand
- 0. 1 micron filter removes 99. 99999% of all bacteria and 99. 9999% of all protozoa and cysts
- Dual-threaded MINI allows you to screw the push/pull cap onto the filter for easy on/off functionality and water flow control
- Ideal for outdoor recreation, hiking, camping, scouting, domestic and international travel, boil alerts, and emergency preparedness
- Attaches to included drinking pouch, standard disposable water bottles, and hydration packs
- Filter rated up to 100, 000 gallons
- includes 0. 5-liter collapsible pouch, cleaning coupling, inline adapter, and syringe
Enjoy clean and safe drinking water wherever you roam with the Sawyer Dual Threaded MINI, a lightweight, highly versatile personal filtration system that’s ideal for hiking, backpacking, backcountry camping, emergency prepping, and more. It’s available in two models:
- Dual Threaded MINI (SP2304): Includes MINI water filter, 0.5-liter collapsible pouch, cleaning coupling, inline adapter, and syringe
- Dual Threaded MINI Plus (SP2306): Adds a faucet adapter to the MINI water filter, 0.5-liter collapsible pouch, cleaning coupling, inline adapter, and syringe
Dual Threaded Design
With threads on both sides, you can screw the push/pull cap onto the Dual Threaded MINI for easy on/off functionality while filtering to control water flow. This outdoor water filter can be screwed onto most disposable water or soda bottles, or attach it inline to tubing between a hydration pack and bite valve.
MINI Filter, Full Size Performance
Weighing just 2 ounces, this tiny water filtration system fits in the palm of your hand. While small in size, the powerful Dual Threaded MINI features a 0.1 micron absolute filter that removes 99.99999% of bacteria (salmonella, cholera, and E. coli) and 99.9999% of protozoa (cryptosporidium and giardia) — exceeding EPA recommendations for removal rates.
Rated to filter up to 100,000 gallons, the Dual Threaded MINI’s filtering membranes are sturdy enough to withstand backwashing using the included syringe, restoring up to 98.5% of the filter’s flow rate.
How It Works
The Micro Squeeze 0.1 micron absolute filter houses a cluster of micro-fibrous tubes which use similar technology found in medical dialysis. As water passes through the side walls of the tubes, harmful bacteria and protozoa are trapped on the outer walls so you can be confident your water is safe to drink.
MINI Plus with Faucet Adapter
Perfect for adding to your disaster preparedness kit to ensure access to clean water during emergencies, the Dual Threaded MINI Plus with Faucet Adapter is great for removing harmful pathogens from residential water when boil alerts are issued.
Since 1984, Sawyer Products has offered the best, most technologically advanced solutions for protection against sun, bugs, water, and injuries — everything from first aid kits developed for wilderness to point-of-use water filters that filter contaminated water to levels cleaner than U.S. bottled water.
Katadyn Hiker Pro Transparent Water Microfilter
- Proven protection against bacteria and protozoan cysts down to 0.2 micron with pleated glass-fiber filter media
- Activated carbon in the core of the filter improves the taste and reduces chemicals in your drinking water
- The field cleanable filter protector screen extends the life of the cartridge in challenging conditions
- Long-time trusted option for backpackers with it’s ultra-light 11oz, compact size and compatibility with hydration bladders
- Transparent design allows you to see the filtration working
A quick stop at a river or stream with the pump-action Katadyn Hiker Pro Water Microfilter lets you continue on your long trek with hydration packs and water bottles full of clean, clear drinking water. Carrying gallons of water isn’t necessary when you have reliable water sources and are carrying this durable 11-ounce water microfilter in your backpack. Since it connects directly to your hydration pack and water bottles, you spend more time on the trail and less time fiddling with your water supply.
MSR MiniWorks EX Microfilter Water Filter
- Microfilter water filter pump for hiking, backpacking, camping, travel, survival, and emergency preparedness
- Replaceable carbon and ceramic filter removes bacteria, protozoa, organic compounds, and particulate, delivering clean, taste and odor-free water
- Pumps at a rate of one liter per minute; compatible with a variety of wide mouth water bottles, and hydration bladders (sold separately)
- Meets NSF protocol P231 for removal of bacteria (99.9999%) and protozoa (99.9%); one replaceable filter cartridge treats up to 2,000 liters of water
- Pump measures 7.5 x 2.75 inches and weighs 1 pound; storage bag included; manufacturer’s limited lifetime warranty; made in the USA
The MSR MiniWorks EX Microfilter Water Filter provides proven, reliable water filtration for camping and hiking, backcountry adventures, global travel, survival situations, and emergencies. The replaceable Marathon EX ceramic element removes bacteria (such as E. coli. Shigella, salmonella, cholera), protozoa (such as giardia, cryptosporidium, amoebae), and particulate, and its carbon core eliminates unpleasant tastes and odors caused by organic compounds such as iodine, chlorine, and pesticides. Thanks to its innovative AirSpring Accumulator, the microfilter is capable of pumping one liter of water per minute, a flow rate that is easily maintained in the field, without any tools. The MSR MiniWorks EX Microfilter meets NSF protocol P231 for removal of bacteria (99.9999%) and protozoa (99.9%), throughout its replaceable filter life of 2,000 liters of water. Compatible with a wide variety of water containers such as Nalgene, Camelback, and MSR Dromedary Bags (sold separately); bottom screws on to threaded lids, or water can be pumped directly into a hydration reservoir drinking tube. Lightweight and compact, the pump measures 7.5 x 2.75 inches and weighs one pound. A storage bag is included. Manufacturer’s limited lifetime warranty. Made in the USA.
MSR MiniWorks EX Microfilter
The MiniWorks EX microfilter from MSR is built to deliver long-lasting, field-maintainable water filtration in demanding environments. Engineered for frequent and heavy use, it utilizes MSR’s workhorse Marathon EX carbon/ceramic element to ensure clean, reliable, and taste-free water. Thanks to its innovative AirSpring Accumulator, it’s capable of pumping one liter per minute and the flow rate can be renewed easily and repeatedly in the field with no tools required. It’s lightweight and compact and, most importantly, has been proven reliable by thousands of adventurers world wide.
- Reliable: Durable carbon/ceramic element ensures safe, taste-free water—even with frequent, heavy use.
- Field-maintainable: Can be cleaned repeatedly for full filter recovery with no tools required.
- Fast Flow: AirSpring Accumulator increases filtration speed–up to 1-liter per minute.
- Better-tasting Water: Carbon core removes unpleasant tastes and odors caused by organic compounds, such as iodine, chlorine, and pesticides.
- Field cleanable and maintainable
- Effective against: protozoa, bacteria, chemicals/toxins, and particulate
- Not effective against viruses
- Weight: 1 pound / 456 grams
- Dimensions: 2.75 by 7.5 inches / 7 by 19 centimeters (WxL)
- Filter media: Ceramic Plus Carbon
- Filter pore size: 0.2 microns
- Flow rate: 1 liter per minute
- Flow (strokes per liter): 85
- Cartridge life: ~2000 liters
- Cartridge replacement indicator
- Mechanical advantage
- Water bottle adapter included
- Made in Seattle, USA
- Limited lifetime warranty
By our suggestions above, we hope that you can found trail water filter for you.Please don’t forget to share your experience by comment in this post. Thank you!
Best trail water filter: Top-Rated Brands & What to Buy